Wellbeing for me revolves around simplifying life…
Finding my own way to Wellbeing has been an interesting journey, which has matured throughout each stage and phase of life. It has been an adventure filled with meaningful moments.
Hi, I’m Jan.
I love travel – new experiences – the stimulation of finding a new way to express myself. To be the never changing aspect of who I am, in an ever changing environment. In movement there is life.
- A Level 4 Adv. Diploma qualified UK Therapist.
- Registered member of British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists.
- I qualified back in 2005.
- I’ve been a Counselling Lecturer.
- I’m a Published Travel Writer.
- Delivered group therapy, educational workshops, one to one sessions in movement and static therapy, in an exclusive, high-end resort style facility in Thailand, with some of the world’s high achieving professionals needing help.
- I’ve worked within UK Mental Health charities and the NHS.
- Delivered services within an exclusive Executive Recovery Program- Achilles: a confidential premium “treatment” programme. Creating, delivering and maintaining well-being strategies on behalf of top performing corporate executives with demanding careers, as well as high functioning athletes, entertainers and other high profile professionals.
- Recently I’ve worked as a Live In Counsellor for one of the world’s finest, most exclusive mental health treatment centres in Switzerland.
I enjoy imparting the wisdom I’ve gained across the years, for those interested in creating change & living a stimulating life. It has taught me so much through happiness, satisfaction, pain, grief and loss. Sustaining a marriage. Raising a family within community and on the road. Enjoying love, laughter and and healthy fun.
At 40 I finally completed the dream I’d had since my teens. I travelled across the globe with my husband and children. It created a thirst in me. A desire. A recognition and satisfaction of a need within. I healed wounds. Had adventures. Discovered the world. Explored different places, cultures and ways of being. Enabling me to develop a deeper and more personal relationship with my own psyche. Allowing all our family to become Global Citizens.
I’ve discovered that travel can be really beneficial when intertwined with a therapeutic mind. It stimulates the psyche in a different way. Encourages wellbeing. Brings about psychological growth. Challenges all aspects of enculturation. Develops wellness.
It enhanced the understanding of my professional practice as a Humanistic Therapist. Allowed me to connect with my creative self and write travel articles published both online and in print, working with tourism boards/hotels and travel companies. It enabled me to symbiotically intertwine profession and person. Developing my ability to become a Travel & Wellbeing Consultant. I am here for you.
What area of wellbeing do you need help with?